Friday 17 October 2008

A genuinely remarkable young man

I usually catch up with the Guardian headlines in the morning (it's a media thing) and their story reminded me that Adrian Sudbury's memorial was this morning, so I just caught up with the video on the Examiner website - not the live stream I was hoping for, but just hearing the clips of some of the readings brought a lump to my throat nevertheless.


Close your eyes when Sean Bean reads the words of Kahlil Gibran... my friend Sue read extracts of Gibran's On Marriage at our wedding in May... such an amazing poet and writer.


I came across Adrian's blog through Hold the Front Page headlines - I still like to keep up with regional press stuff even though I've been out of that game now for nearly two years. Obviously I have an emotional connection having been through cancer twice, but the sincerity of his efforts and aspirations were completely absorbing, and it's one of the very few times I've ever posted a comment to anything.


Anyway - a real inspiration. I have a feeling the legacy of this young man will be around for a long time to come



No comments: